Edmonton Public Schools website provides a number of links to resources for parents. Schoolzone is an excellent resource for parents to find information regarding upcoming events, student programming such as homework, acheivement results, interim reports and progress reports. Parents can find teacher e-mail adresses in the resources section of schoolzone.
School Supply List 2020-2021
Please see our recommended Supply list.
Steele Heights School
Code of Conduct
Students shall conduct themselves so as to reasonably comply with the following code of conduct:
- Be diligent in pursuing their studies - Account to their teachers for their conduct
- Attend school regularly and punctually - Respect the rights of others
- Cooperate fully with everyone authorized - Carry school I.D. card at all times
to provide education programs and other - Follow the dress code including - no
services hats, and appropriate clothing choices
- Comply with the rules of the school -Appropriate use of technology
Grounds for disciplinary action that could lead to suspension or expulsion exist where a student has demonstrated unacceptable behaviour:
- conduct which threatens the safety of students and/or staff
- possession of a weapon on a student’s person, or in a student’s desk or locker: a weapon is anything used, designed to be used, or intended for use in causing death or injury to any person, or for the purpose of threatening or intimidating any person
- displaying or brandishing a weapon in a threatening or intimidating manner
- assaulting another person
- possession or use of illegal drugs, alcohol, or inhalants in school, on school property or during a school holiday
- contravention of district/school policies and regulations related to student harassment, smoking, student attendance, and student rights and responsibilities
- wilful disobedience and/or open opposition to authority (defiance)
- use or display of improper, abusive, offensive or profane language
- wilful damage to school or other’s property
- interfering with the orderly conduct of class(es) or the school
- contravention of the code of conduct as set out in the School Act Section 12
- contravention of the provisions of Section 27 of the School Act related to trespassing, loitering, and causing disturbance
- use of technology such as computers, cameras, cell phones, and other digital equipment for purposes that are illegal, unethical, immoral, or inappropriate.
School Board Trustee for Steele Heights School is Michelle Draper. For more information on our trustee, please click on the below link.